TVIS pressure switch

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

TVIS pressure switch

Postby Nickzendar » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:34 pm

On the https://www.alltrac.net/mods/ page there is a like to a page to explain how to open the TVIS based on psi. However the link no longer works and I am really curious as to how it is done. Does anyone have a copy or know how this would be done?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Nickzendar
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: TVIS pressure switch

Postby underscore » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:00 am

I imagine all you need to do is disconnect the TVIS trigger from the ECU and connect it to a pressure switch set at whatever PSI you want. Why would you want it to work like that?
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God

Postby Nickzendar » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:38 am

underscore wrote:I imagine all you need to do is disconnect the TVIS trigger from the ECU and connect it to a pressure switch set at whatever PSI you want. Why would you want it to work like that?

I have read that the TVIS system is not the most effecient system in stock form but if you can control it in some fasion you can truely benefit from the system by changing how and when it activates.
Nickzendar
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby underscore » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Everything can be improved upon, but I would think to get more from the TVIS you'd need to do a lot of dyno testing while emulating a lot of different conditions to do so, and the control system would need more than just a fixed pressure switch for input. If you had a full EMS and again a lot of dyno time you might get a little further.
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God

Postby Nickzendar » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:53 am

underscore wrote:Everything can be improved upon, but I would think to get more from the TVIS you'd need to do a lot of dyno testing while emulating a lot of different conditions to do so, and the control system would need more than just a fixed pressure switch for input. If you had a full EMS and again a lot of dyno time you might get a little further.

I understand. I was just curious becasue there was a link at somepoint to a page explaining how to do and I assume there was a reason why they thought it was a good idea. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it or have it saved.
Nickzendar
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Return to Performance and Power