TVIS pressure switch

underscore

I imagine all you need to do is disconnect the TVIS trigger from the ECU and connect it to a pressure switch set at whatever PSI you want. Why would you want it to work like that?

underscore":1138380y said:
I imagine all you need to do is disconnect the TVIS trigger from the ECU and connect it to a pressure switch set at whatever PSI you want. Why would you want it to work like that?

I have read that the TVIS system is not the most effecient system in stock form but if you can control it in some fasion you can truely benefit from the system by changing how and when it activates.

underscore

Everything can be improved upon, but I would think to get more from the TVIS you'd need to do a lot of dyno testing while emulating a lot of different conditions to do so, and the control system would need more than just a fixed pressure switch for input. If you had a full EMS and again a lot of dyno time you might get a little further.

underscore":db6o661h said:
Everything can be improved upon, but I would think to get more from the TVIS you'd need to do a lot of dyno testing while emulating a lot of different conditions to do so, and the control system would need more than just a fixed pressure switch for input. If you had a full EMS and again a lot of dyno time you might get a little further.

I understand. I was just curious becasue there was a link at somepoint to a page explaining how to do and I assume there was a reason why they thought it was a good idea. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it or have it saved.