Body shop recommendations in Chicago Area

GT4ZBoy

Hi all, I just picked up a rare 1993 all trac and would like to restore the body, rocker panels and rust. Does anyone know of any reputable shops in the Chicagoland area?

I’m also looking for a replacement driver side leather seat. Thanks in advance!

Response only regarding driver seat: Is your seat frame, springs, and foam all still good? If so, I would suggest you just take that seat to a good upholstery shop and pick out a color-match leather, and have the upholstery shop use the old leather as a pattern for what they will make, and go that route. We've had 2 ST185 interiors done that way, and they turned out great.

Rick89GTS":1brctsd7 said:
^Curious, how much does it cost to get the seats recovered?
My son had 2 interiors done on his ST185's at the same time. He had the full front & rear seating, the shifter boot, the center console arm rest pad, and 4 new floor mats with the "All-Trac" stenciling on the front mats, done for each of the 2 ST185's. We dismantled the front seats before taking them to the upholstery shop, and we reassembled the front seats when the new leather skins were completed. The shop also added some additional foam cushions on the front seat bottoms (between the original foam and the new leather skins). All this cost about $1,500.00 for each of the two ST185's.

Rick89GTS":2dgsfa7b said:
So about $750. Not bad considering how specialized and labour-intensive it is.
No, $1,500 for each car. Total for both cars was $3,000.00. Note there was more than just seat recovering provided in the cost though.