Interchangeable parts?

eddyrod1251

So I've recently been fixing things here and there on my 1990 ST185, my speedometer and odometer don't work after I broke the brittle spindle part of the speedometer cable that plugs right into the instrument cluster, (part number 8371020860). This part is discontinued and I've only been able to find one Toyota dealership that sells that part ($90), before I do drop that cash on that part, is there any equivalent part that would also work?

That part number is used on all 5th Gen Celica's, from ST's to GT's to GT-S's and All-Tracs. As such, getting one from a salvage yard would likely work for you. They are not the easiest to remove though. Those cable ends are not typically brittle, but if the speedometer is not properly seated withe the cable being centered, it can get bent and not turn, which will cause something to break. Anyway, saying that just to let you know your chances of finding a good part in a salvage yard is high.

eddyrod1251

93celicaconv":16elodp0 said:
That part number is used on all 5th Gen Celica's, from ST's to GT's to GT-S's and All-Tracs. As such, getting one from a salvage yard would likely work for you. They are not the easiest to remove though. Those cable ends are not typically brittle, but if the speedometer is not properly seated withe the cable being centered, it can get bent and not turn, which will cause something to break. Anyway, saying that just to let you know your chances of finding a good part in a salvage yard is high.

Damn, well I was hoping there'd also be some aftermarket support, but I cant seem to find any that would fit into the instrument cluster :/