New member, acquiring ST205 (hopefully) soon

New members MUST post a new intro thread before they can access the rest of the forum.

New member, acquiring ST205 (hopefully) soon

Postby Quakebass » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:40 pm

Hi all!

I’ve been on a quest for an ST205 for my first “fun” (non-daily) car for almost a year now, and it looks like I may have one lined up for purchase in a few months. I reside in the Seattle area of WA, USA, so I’ve been on the import route. Lots of research and learning I’ve had to do, but while exhausting, it’s been pretty cool journey to travel so far, and hopefully will make things easier if I decide to add anything else to my collection later down the line.

Hopefully I can learn a lot more and make some connections in this community!
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Quakebass
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:22 pm

Re: New member, acquiring ST205 (hopefully) soon

Postby zaluss » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:13 pm

Quakebass wrote:Hi all!

I’ve been on a quest for an ST205 for my first “fun” (non-daily) car for almost a year now, and it looks like I may have one lined up for purchase in a few months. I reside in the Seattle area of WA, USA, so I’ve been on the import route. Lots of research and learning I’ve had to do, but while exhausting, it’s been pretty cool journey to travel so far, and hopefully will make things easier if I decide to add anything else to my collection later down the line.

Hopefully I can learn a lot more and make some connections in this community!


Welcome!

There are several ST205 owners in the Seattle area. I'm not sure how many imported themselves but I know at least one that came through RHD Specialities. I met a bunch of them last Sunday at the Woodinville Cars and Coffee.
zaluss
Club Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: Renton, WA

Re: New member, acquiring ST205 (hopefully) soon

Postby Quakebass » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:09 pm

zaluss wrote:
Welcome!

There are several ST205 owners in the Seattle area. I'm not sure how many imported themselves but I know at least one that came through RHD Specialities. I met a bunch of them last Sunday at the Woodinville Cars and Coffee.


I’m familiar with them! I think they have a silver one right now actually, but its just a bit above my budget and I wasn’t eligible for their financing. I’ve had back and forths with a few importers over my journey (being in a port city blesses me with a lot of options). Currently I’m in talks with The Import Guys and we’ve struck some deals, currently we’re looking at two options. Still waiting on more info and pictures to arrive of the second car they’re set to acquire, but it’s highly likely I’ll be able to have a car in my hands by April-June exact timing depends on a few factors. If the 2nd car checks out it’ll be a WRC spec ‘94, which I’d only been able to find ‘95s during my search, so I’d be pumped if it works out.
Quakebass
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:22 pm

Re: New member, acquiring ST205 (hopefully) soon

Postby simple » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:53 am

Good luck! Prices are still pretty high. Careful and don't buy a rust bucket. Most importers don't sell them but they slip through the cracks. Pun intended ;)
User avatar
simple
Club Member
 
Posts: 143
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:42 am
Location: Colorado

Re: New member, acquiring ST205 (hopefully) soon

Postby Quakebass » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:40 pm

simple wrote:Good luck! Prices are still pretty high. Careful and don't buy a rust bucket. Most importers don't sell them but they slip through the cracks. Pun intended ;)


Yeah, that’s been a common case in many of the cars I’ve missed out on. Here’s the one I do have pictures of (they sent me over 100):


I have concerns about what looks like visible cracks in the 2nd image (camera is looking towards the front of the car from the rear for reference), but the rest looks fairly clean. This one has just under 100k miles, the 94 option I have available only has 52k. And I’ll actually be able to see it in person before I have to decide, red car will stay in Japan unless I pick it.
Attachments
C163F8E2-B818-410C-A64A-3C4D074F05DB.jpeg
1C55E84A-3ECD-4B5A-B28D-E708554E9E39.jpeg
330561E9-072B-4BB8-B96D-5E03065664F3.jpeg
Quakebass
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:22 pm

Re: New member, acquiring ST205 (hopefully) soon

Postby underscore » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 pm

simple wrote:Good luck! Prices are still pretty high. Careful and don't buy a rust bucket. Most importers don't sell them but they slip through the cracks. Pun intended ;)


Lots of R grade cars can come in too. I wouldn't buy anything without an auction sheet.
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God
 
Posts: 4573
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:29 pm
Location: Kelowna, BC


Return to New Member Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron